PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.
San Diego, CA
As a Program Manager Intern, you will help assist Program Managers organize and support their projects. This position reports into a Program Manager who will provide direction on daily tasks. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable coordinating work across many team members with the goal of keeping projects on track.
Our successful intern will have a passion for solving problems and helping others. You should also be comfortable and proficient working remotely, via Webex, MS Teams, Slack, and other communication tools to stay in contact with your team. Our environment fosters growth, autonomy, and innovation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, open action items and issues
- Organizing, scheduling, and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Preparing presentation materials for meetings
- Ensuring project timelines are met
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Undertaking project tasks as required
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Communicating project and team status to Program stakeholders
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Proficiency in program management tools such as Confluence, Powerpoint, JIRA, Slack, Google Suite/Google Drive, MS Teams, Webex
- Knowledge of general admin support – document management, scheduling meetings, tracking action items
- Understanding of agile methodologies (certification preferred)
- Exhibit attention to detail, and can make good, timely decisions
- Motivated, organized self-starter with ability to seek resolution for routine or complicated problems effectively
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
The best bed for better sleep