PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Product Manager, Subscription
San Diego, CA
PlayStation’s Monetization team is responsible for the player's subscription experience on the PlayStation consoles, websites, and mobile. We help millions of players enhance their gaming experience with benefits, features, and access to the game content they love. Located in San Diego, the team is passionate about gaming and great products, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive.
In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing subscription platform and service experience to define what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
This Staff Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and deliverables for our subscription products, bringing highly innovative game subscription experiences to market, acquiring and retaining players, keeping them engaged and entertained.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Product Manager who has delivered subscription experiences at scale. You have the technical skills to partner with stakeholders across product, design & engineering teams to drive clear product vision through impeccable execution. You will be the customer first, considering both the end-user and the platform operator. With this in mind, you will develop a product strategy anchoring your decisions by using data, insights, and your natural intuition to achieve highly ambitious growth targets. This is a high-impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
- Set the vision for the subscription products based on an understanding of business and user needs.
- Be an expert in subscriptions technology across PlayStation Network Devices for internal teams and our game partners.
- Innovate and champion an expansive product roadmap that balances business needs, technical debt, and new opportunities
- Establish relationships and work closely with product, engineering, research, and design teams to build the best products and experiences.
- Contribute genuine passion and enthusiasm for your products and mission, and for solving your users' needs.
- Analyze renewal dynamics, product usage, and behavioral data to identify size and prioritize opportunities to reduce churn and drive incremental renewals.
- Develop requirements for new subscription features, products, and services for PlayStation working with partners across the global business
- Develop OKRs for subscription business and align on targets with partner teams.
- Work with design teams to build solutions that are compelling, easy to use, and realistic to implement
- Develop product positioning, feature development roadmap, and craft requirements.
- Ensure that technical and functional requirements support both the business and customer requirements.
- Be the day to day point of contact for engineering for subscription solutions
- Work with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time
- Partner with global sales and marketing teams to facilitate the Product team’s domain expertise and to support the go-to-market planning, positioning, messaging, and content.
- Articulate business and consumer rationale to the teams building the product
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business goals
- Understand and communicate how your product is used in the market, based on customer feedback, research, and data
- Understand and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its subscription strategy in particular
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in innovative software and/or services product company
- Familiarity with subscriber metrics. Comfortable using different types of data to generate customer and business insights.
- You love breaking down sophisticated problems into manageable goals and finding simple solutions to meet diverse needs
- Experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of modern software engineering processes and principles
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), especially in terms of dealing with different groups of interest (end-user vs. engineering)
- Write user stories to succinctly and clearly express development objectives
- Analyze product performance through product data analytics, customer interviews, and user tracking to advise partners throughout the organization
- Has a track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Strong project management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
Nice to Have:
- Games industry experience ideal, or media background
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.