PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build our next generation technologies. Are you ready for an opportunity to collaborate with some experienced engineers and technologies at one of the world’s most recognizable brands? We’re doing really cool things with web technologies like GraphQL, React, and more to keep PlayStation the #1 gaming platform in the world!
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on an aggressive schedule.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including alignment to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Own applications or modules, including defining and delivering evaluation criteria for testability, scalability, and performance.
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues, and dependencies to technical or project lead.
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code.
- Ability to work independently and mentor junior engineers on the team.
- You’ll not only exercise your creative problem-solving capabilities, but collaborate with other teams and engineers to define a path forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You possess 5+ years professional software development experience, especially focusing on front-end.
- Experience with Node.js and REST APIs.
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases in small to large groups.
- A passion for front-end application development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Developing with support for Cross-browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with AngularJS, Objective-C
- Knowledge with libraries such as PIXI, Antd, Open Sea Dragon
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch/Figma and writing plugins for them
- Experience building cloud deployed applications
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.