PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Finance Manager, Mobile Games
San Mateo, CA (or remote, preferably based on the west coast)
PlayStation Studios is hiring, and we're looking to add a Finance Manager to our team! This is an exciting opportunity to support the expansion into our mobile platform. We are looking for a candidate who can bring knowledge of and experience into our business, and its value drivers into the role, gained either in mobile development or publishing companies. You will provide strategic finance support to any projects resulting from execution of PlayStation Studios strategy (e.g. M&A projects, strategic partnerships, etc.). Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities described below, additional duties may be assigned. The Finance Manager will report to Strategic Finance Director of PlayStation Studios and be preferably based in California.
- Act as finance partner to PlayStation Mobile organization, supporting day-to-day projects and tasks
- Perform financial and commercial analysis, forming recommendations for mobile business development projects (e.g. new external projects, strategic partnerships and M&A deals)
- Drive strategic analysis for mobile projects, translating business model strategy into financial outcomes
- Support Production and Product Management teams in the design and execution of user acquisition, retention, and monetization strategies for the mobile games
- Data-driven financial modeling of key strategic initiatives within mobile portfolio to provide insight on impact on players acquisition, engagement, and monetization
- Perform complex data analysis, translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Be an expert resource on mobile industry business practices, including business models/performance and product pipelines
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the mobile gaming industry
- Create financial transparency on PlayStation Mobile profit and loss
- Own financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities including annual budget, quarterly forecasting, as well as annual budget cycle as well as mid-range planning (MRP) on one or more titles in mobile portfolio
- Provide ad-hoc analysis where required
- BA/BS in business, strategy, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 7+ years of strategic finance (valuations, modeling, market analysis, contracting) or business development experience
- Experience in mobile gaming industry in development and/or publishing is a must
- Self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work independently
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry
- Ability and willingness to do detailed work and sophisticated financial analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos