PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer. You will work closely with lots of product development teams, operations teams, and leadership inside the org and outside the organization to design and build tools and infrastructure to empower engineers to develop and deliver fast and produce high quality software, which will impact millions and millions of PS4 users. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to tackle the most interesting challenges and diverse technical challenges of developing software at scale. We are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving the complex problems.
- Conduct research on new technologies. Lead/contribute the effort of solving complex technical challenges to improve engineering productivity
- Design and build, on-boarding and support tools to accelerate build, testing, release, and deployment.
- Drive/contribute to standard methodology of improving code quality, performance and security compliance.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or related area
- 5 years software development experience in Java, Groovy, Golang, Python Shell or similar script/programming language
- Good experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as docker, Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of CICD standard methodologies and familiar with tools used in CICD pipeline: such as Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, and SonarQube
- Good public cloud experience
- Experience with networking, storage, logging, monitoring, tracing and alert
- Experience with software system design
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies
Tech Jobs For You
Manager, Engineering - Market Research Demand
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo, CA/Portland, OR/Seattle, WA/US - Remote