PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer - Build/Release (full-time and contract opportunities available)
Do you have passion for identifying tedious manual processes and designing a way to automate them? Do you enjoy tinkering with the latest tools and frameworks to learn how they can be used to improve existing systems?
We are seeking a candidate to join our Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for millions of PlayStation players!
Our team is responsible for the CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines across all of our frontend development teams on all platforms, on-console (PlayStation 4/5) and off-console (mobile/PC). We have a variety of roles available on our team, with the opportunity to work in different verticals at the intersection of platform technologies and cloud infrastructure. You'll be building tools and libraries, integrating many different pipelines and technologies to enable our development teams to ship quickly and reliably.
- Design, build, and maintain the core CI/CD tooling used by all of our client development teams
- Streamline deployments for multiple projects across different software branches and sandbox environments
- Work with our existing build scripts, implementing performance improvements and experimenting with new technologies
- Configure and maintain CI/CD and testing infrastructure
- Optimizing build times to improve build efficiency for multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Jenkins and Groovy scripting
- Ability to write, integrate, and maintain pipelines for CI/CD
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions
- Strong understanding of software engineering methodologies and bring a well-adapted approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Development experience on mobile platforms (iOS/Android) and/or Windows
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Beautiful event websites