PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Growth Programs Manager
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a creative and tenacious growth program manager to help build and differentiate our nascent US business. In this role you will optimize sales through identifying, prioritizing and helping launch key conversion driving programs and new non product opportunities for the business, usually requiring extensive and ongoing cross functional support (e.g. refurbished products, warranties and service, financing, new fulfillment models, gifting options, influencer content, community, etc).
What you'll be doing:
- As a growth program manager, you will work in the white space between the PlayStation Direct commercial and digital merchandising teams, or in support of these teams, to find, launch and incubate programs aimed at increasing growth, profitability, and accelerating PlayStation Direct performance. To accomplish this, you will research and identify new business opportunities and conversion programs - including capabilities, routes to market, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- You will be responsible for building business cases and completing due diligence to evaluate benefits, costs, and risks of new opportunities. Accountable for securing cross functional support and ownership if applicable, influencing upwards and laterally to drive organizational change and alignment.
- The growth program manager will engage with finance, operations, supply chain and other partner teams to define program scope & requirements, assign responsibilities, identify resources needed, and ensure delivery of programs and strategic projects. Additionally, they will lead term sheet development with legal for partner agreements.
- As needed, help program manage complex programs and initiatives for PSD which require significant external partner or cross functional engagement across the organization. For each program and initiative establish and assess key success measures.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of eCommerce business development or business management experience, preferably in consumer electronics or related categories
- Management consulting or startup experience is a plus
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Solid program and project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to operate at a strategic level and also to roll up your sleeves and execute the details; easily able to shift from one to the other
- Self-directed and able to effectively manage ambiguity
- Ability to motivate change and lead through influence in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Automation QE
Domino Data Lab, SF Bay Area or Remote USA