PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises, our Asset Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Associate Asset Artists to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Create in-game or cinematic art assets according to Visual Arts/client specifications, may be required to create both hard surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
- Fix/ Modify/ Polish existing art assets to the required specifications.
- Take an asset from grey box to final quality.
- Adjust and apply multiple asset creation pipelines, and techniques.
- Keeping up to the required level of quality and productivity standards set by Art Supervisor/ Lead Artist.
- Understand, interpret, and adopt feedback from supervisors and/ or clients alike to improve production outcome/ performance.
- Contribute to a creative, collaborative and fun working atmosphere amongst the team.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in asset production with exposure to at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modelling.
- Good understanding of Maya and Substance; as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Good understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
- Strong PBR texturing experiences using Photoshop, Substance and familiar with ZBrush and high poly sculpting.
- Strong UV mapping and mesh optimization skills.
- Strong foundation art skills, including composition, design, and color theory.
- Strong traditional painting skills.
- Good understanding on game engine, ideally a AAA game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
The best bed for better sleep