PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager, Control Center
San Francisco, CA
Do you love making beautifully designed products? Do you consider yourself a holistic thinker? We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help lead a critical area of the new PS5 ecosystem. As product manager for Control Center, you will work across teams internally and externally to develop solutions that help empower players to navigate the PlayStation console experience and support gameplay.
We love gaming! Get to work with a hardworking group of innovators evolving our features to span console, mobile, and web experiences.
Be responsible for the strategy, define the critical metrics, set the customer outcomes and execution plans for your product.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the product research, design, and execution of our core navigational experiences.
- Balance product management skills with business insights and vision, ensuring that our players get into the experience as fast as possible (gameplay or media)
- Have a strong ability to collaborate, evaluate and execute on features that reach millions of players worldwide.
- Build a strategy and an effective roadmap that supports both player and business needs.
- Work closely with product managers and engineering to deliver the systems and tools that will enable these solutions to be built, tested, deployed, and used company-wide.
- Collaborate on crafting the right solutions with the user research, data science, product, and engineering teams
- Measure data coverage, quality, depth and accuracy metrics, and business impact of your solutions
- Work with engineering counterparts to architect and develop key system infrastructure including APIs, data models, and integrations
- Analyze industry trends and competition to contribute towards product strategy for PlayStation Intelligence Platform
- Translate Product Strategy into an executable roadmap
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Analysts to continuously innovate and improve the performance of your platform.
Who We're Looking For:
- You are an experienced product manager who has experience working on SDK, internal applications/features, and understands how to digest technical requests.
- You have delivered 5 or more consumer-facing products in the marketplace, on web and mobile platforms. Gaming is a plus.
- You can balance the request of multiple stakeholders and present the best possible solution for the players and the business.
- Identify external and internal customer needs and "bridge the divide" to develop technical product strategies, roadmaps, and requirements that meet those practical needs.
- You are able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions, and benefits of the solutions to internal teams and management.
- You drive feature definition, planning, and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- Customer-first approach, with a strive to champion the needs of players and internal teams throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- 5+ years experience in product management.
- Skilled at working in a highly matrixed environment and able to drive cross-functional alignment.
- Produce a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for an area with sequencing and planning, communicating product roadmap to cross-functional teams and leadership. Proactively identify and run dependencies.
- Having start-up experience is nice to have.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.