PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s payment platform engineering organization, focused on enhancements to Payments Tax, Data Orchestration, and other initiatives.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Data Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. The successful candidate will contribute to a highly performant data platform and associated services, applying industry standards and implementations to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform!
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience with data definition and structure changes, data manipulation, data migration, data governance, data policies, data security and data integration with data warehouse and business intelligence.
- Experience delivering data solutions for high performance, active-active, scalable services.
- Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
- Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
- Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes required.
- Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
The best bed for better sleep