PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Center Infrastructure Tools and Monitoring Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a hard-working Data Center Infrastructure Tools and Monitoring Engineer. This position is for a candidate who will work within the Data Center Operations team collaborating with the System Engineering and Network Operations teams on developing, implementing and maintaining new and existing tooling, reporting, monitoring and alerting in order to support our Production Infrastructure.
If this sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build an extraordinary network capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players! At PlayStation, we are leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! Would you like to use your skills, time and passion on significant projects that are building the future?
- Design and deliver reliable infrastructure, tools, and processes around the monitoring and maintenance of Data Center Operations
- Familiarity of existing tools and creating new tooling to support the Operations team such as:
- Hardware monitoring
- Environmental Power, Temperature and Humidity monitoring
- Manifest ingestion / validation service / asset management
- Firmware management
- JIRA Workflow automation (Procurement, Provisioning, Maintenance)
- Update tools via regular improvement and build continuous integration, development, and routine deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Maintain monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained historical observability and practical alerting
- Identify any manual processes and encourage building automated processes wherever possible
- Lead collaborator’s expectations and feedback
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years working in a production infrastructure environment
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with asset management and reporting
- Knowledge of various aspects of CI/CD practices: Infrastructure Automation, Application Build and Deployment Automation using various leading tools in the market including GitLab and Atlassian products
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana, Dashboard and Plugins development
- Solid understanding of Python & Ansible scripting, JIRA, Go Language, Helm, Typescript, NodeJS, REST API, WebSocket
- Experience in Agile Software Development, while working in a multi-functional Team
- Experience writing clean, documented and maintainable code with Unit tests
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Docker and Kubernetes for running container-based images, security/vulnerability, updates maintenance, their deployment via Kubernetes based services, Ingress Controller, DNS, networking management and solutions implementation with Kubernetes sidecars/jobs/cronjobs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with teams across various regions.
- Strong presentation and architectural articulation skills to provide succinct diagrams, documentation and workflows as needed
- High interest in technology
- Highly refined organizational skills
- Ability to lead multiple tasks at one time
- High energy and a driven desire to positively impact the business
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Director of Special Projects - How We Work
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Mountain View, CA; Atlant...