Associate Operations Analyst, International Software Development & Special Operations (ISD)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
A gaming brand
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
The Associate Operations Analyst, International Software Development & Special Operations (ISD) assists the Manager, Business Finance & Operations with financial planning, analysis & reporting, and operational coordination & tracking for the department.
This position requires a bright, highly motivated individual, who possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task; works well under pressure and can provide strategic financial analysis support. You must possess exceptional planning and time management skills. If you enjoy a variety of duties, thrives in a collaborative and friendly environment, and is able to adapt to constantly changing priorities - this is the job for you!
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting cycles which includes budget versus actual variance analysis for monthly, quarterly, and 3-year budget planning for ISD’s departmental operations and product titles (primarily through reporting and analysis).
- Maintain accurate financial information and develop Excel-based financial models that communicate budget vs. spend results, variations and recommend changes to reconcile the differences.
- Utilize business intelligence tools to perform financial analysis audits, and prepare reports for ISD Management, with suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare and process intercompany chargebacks and ensure accurate G/L coding of invoices and expenses for ISD.
- Assist with the department’s internal databases to ensure they are accurate and up to date.
- Review and process purchase requisitions, invoices, contracts requests for ISD operational and production requirements; act as primary liaison between studio and other SIEA groups with regard to purchase orders, invoices, contracts requests, and G/L tracking issues.
- Provide general support, such as ordering office supplies, record-keeping of product titles, and other necessary functional requirements.
- Book travel and prepare expense reports for ISD Management team.
- Assist with various data-related projects, including but not limited to, data entry and review, data auditing, and more!
- Actively engage with other SIEA groups to ensure that internal policies and procedures are being followed.
Potential applicants should have the following knowledge and skills:
- PEOPLE: Proactive self-starter, but also a team player who is willing to take on new projects as needed. Strong interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication, and project management skills a must. Ability to listen and understand various viewpoints and help guide diverse global workgroups to common solutions. Strong cultural sensitivity and sensibility a must.
- PROCESS: Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks & projects simultaneously, to anticipate the need for new processes in response to changing business conditions, and to compile and effectively communicate financial and project related data.
- TECHNICAL: Proficiency in using Microsoft Office; advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required (i.e., pivot tables, charts, and advanced RDBMS functions). Ability to work effectively in heavily networked environment.
- PLANNING / IMPLEMENTATION: Implementing projects and responsibilities in partnership with co-workers, global development teams, RHQ business units and global Sony divisions. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize. Ability to proactively handle shifting priorities and requirements.
Potential applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent direct work experience) and a minimum of 1 - 2 years of financial accounting & analysis, business management or related industry experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are required (ability to create pivot tables, charts and use a variety of Excel formulas and functions).
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
- Must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and can effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Strong collaboration with a team that is fun, energetic and passionate.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook or equivalent E-mail client, Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer or equivalent Web Browser required. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint, Oracle, RDBMS, and various programming tools (R, SQL) a plus, but not required.
- Financial accounting & analysis or business management experience in the entertainment or videogame industry preferred.
- Interest and passion for data analytics and product development.
- Candidates must be proactive and willing to take direction.
- 2 - 4 years of financial accounting & analysis, business management or equivalent / related industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (4-year college), an advanced degree or professional certification requiring formal training
- Foreign language skills a plus (Japanese and/or Spanish) but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Routing
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Director, PlayStation Games – Program Management
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer: Front-end (Consumer)
Postmates, San Francisco
Consulting Manager (H/F)
Data Modelling Engineer