Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Contract Business Analyst - 12 month contract
Los Angeles, CA
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As a Business Analyst, your main objective is to analyze the current operations and develop & execute concrete operational project plans to deliver business initiatives for Sony’s PlayStation Video business. You are a natural operator in a global environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural colleagues. You will have extensive interaction with key stakeholders across multiple functional lines of management and work with many cross-functional teams including Business, Product Management, Content Operations, etc. You are an expert in managing dependencies and collaborating across multiple stakeholders and global teams. You have a bias toward action and thrive on transforming complex problems into insightful recommendations.
How you will spend your time
- Identify and execute opportunities to streamline, scale and continuously optimize global business operations
- Analyze current state processes and identify synergies across business functions.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate discussions to define business requirements, prioritize requirements and develop detailed plans, to deliver business initiatives in accordance with the mission and goals of the business on a global scale.
- Collaborate with product development teams to ensure successful execution of requirements; continuously track the status of initiatives and monitor risks, issues, etc.
- Develop and implement operational flows and standard operating procedures for new business initiatives and processes.
- Document relevant process information, requirements, use cases & execution plans for all business initiatives, to serve as a reference for future projects.
- Collect and analyze operational data to assess performance trends; develop reporting dashboards, tools, etc. for business leadership to understand operational performance.
- Support leadership in implementing change management strategies that maximize the stakeholder adoption of new tools or processes.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university in Business, Operations, Engineering or related field.
- 2+ year of relevant experience at a management consulting firm or a high-growth technology firm.
- 2+ years of experience working on business performance improvement/process improvement/transformation projects.
- Experience developing dashboards and tools to support business operations and reporting, using SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Microsoft Visio
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Experience working cross-functionally with business and technology teams, based in multiple locations in the US and internationally
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to share and defend ideas in front of engineers, business leaders, and external partners.
- Keen ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion.
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered.
- Understanding of digital content supply chain in transactional/OTT video space.
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment, and technology industries.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., San Francisco, CA
Applied Scientist, Computer Vision
Postmates, San Francisco
Applied Researcher - Experimentation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Strategic Analyst Internship Program: 2018
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Senior Product Analyst