Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Data Analyst, CRM & Paid Media
San Mateo, CA
As one of the leaders in gaming and an innovator of entertainment overall, PlayStation is indeed the Best Place to Play. Come be a part of the growing CRM and Paid Media analytics teams in a role that reports directly into the Manager of CRM and Paid Media analytics, where you are a key driver in ideating campaigns, analyzing results, influencing marketing strategies and optimizing the customer journey in a dynamic and innovative environment tailored towards giving our customer’s the best experience.
You will have a hand in shaping our portfolio strategies across a wide and varied range of products, from delivering the best and highly anticipated games like Uncharted 4 and God of War, to innovative devices that change the landscape of gaming like PlayStation VR, even to disruptive network service products like PlayStation Vue. You will be generating actionable insights that drive how we engage our customers and have a hand in key decision making scenarios with a variety of our product marketing groups by using a scientific approach of testing and optimization as well as technological advancements to champion automation and efficiency. This will also involve working collaboratively with many different parts of the organization, including marketing, engineering, business intelligence, data scientists, and external agencies. This will put you at the forefront of our growing marketing strategies by being a thought leader with a wide skillset in statistics, analytics, and data-driven storytelling.
We are looking to fill a new Data Analyst, CRM & Paid Media role to make us a bigger and better team to assist with our marketing operations company wide. Together as gaming and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play.
- Work collaboratively with campaign managers as the subject matter expert on our ecosystem of data to create custom segments and support campaign executions
- Perform and report post campaign analysis that provide actionable insights on how to better communicate to our user base
- Compile reports and conduct presentations to a wide variety of product and marketing teams to shape strategic and operational decisions
- Advise on campaigns, including but not limited to lifecycle triggers and large scale testing strategies, using data-based insights with the goal of optimally achieving KPIs
- Translate business challenges into testable hypotheses, own/manage execution, tracking and results in ways that change the way we do business
- Mine and analyze a broad array of quantitative and qualitative data assets
- Work across numerous internal and external marketing automation platforms (Sales Force Marketing Cloud, DMPs, Publisher and Social Partners, etc)
- Create and manage innovating reporting dashboards that track customer behavior and campaign performance against target benchmarks over time
- Use exploratory data analysis to identify new marketing and optimization opportunities
- Define and implement customer segmentation and profiling strategies
- Run ad-hoc and scheduled customer lists to power PlayStation’s digital marketing channels
- SQL programming experience required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working with relational databases
- Minimum 1-2 years’ analytics experience, preferably within marketing
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse group of partners including marketing, technical teams, and agencies
- Demonstrable track record of data project management, thought leadership, and self-direction
- A passion for and the belief in the power of making data-driven decisions
- A demonstrated interest in digital entertainment and gaming
- BA/BS degree required
- Well versed in spreadsheet modeling and presentation-making skills that effectively present data in a compelling way, both verbal and written, to influence marketing decisions
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills—skilled at analyzing and deriving meaningful insights out of complex data and translating that into actionable strategies
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Skilled in various programs such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Experienced with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- Executed analysis projects related to lifecycle marketing, targeting segmentation strategies, cohort analysis and tracking, churn prevention, A/B and multivariate tests, and reporting dashboard design and development
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Head of Marketing Business Planning and Analytics
Qualtrics , Provo
Public Relations Manager
Rover.com , Seattle
Director of Product Marketing
Product Marketing Manager
Samsara, San Francisco
Kiva US Program Operations Internship
Kiva Internship Program, 6 positions available: San Francisco, CA
Internship SEO Belgium