Data Warehouse Operations Manager- Platform Data & Engineering
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
A gaming brand
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Data Warehouse Operations Manager leads and executes the technology transformation of the Data Warehouse Platform. This Platform supports the dramatic growth of the global, fast growing, Sony Interactive Entertainment customer base, world class Playstation consoles, hand-held devices, Playstation TV, and Network Entertainment services such as Playstation Now and Playstation Vue.
The individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage and operate the data platform technology stack, providing best-in-class scaling, availability, and operational support enabling a WOW experience for our customers.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and inspires team of systems and operations engineers to deliver highly available, globally distributed data as a service solutions.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated team with the capabilities to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units and engineering teams to develop and execute effective operational procedures and practices in support of data platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Fosters, builds and measures agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices including KPIs to ensure optimal ROI.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience required managing or leading the operations of on-line, secure, scalable software as a service and data as a service platform.
- 5+ years in managing application operations team in always on, large scale, highly transactional environments.
- Extensive recent experience with data platform technologies, relational and non-relation data store solutions including Oracle, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Recent experience with migration and operating in a Cloud Hosted Environment
- Demonstrated expertise in operational excellence for secure, highly available platform.
- Experience in leading teams researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit, and operations and cost efficiencies of implementing such technologies is a must.
- Exceptional technical experience and knowledge of web services technologies, integration technologies, data transformations, and data analytics, operating and optimizing complex technology transformation.
- Expert-level knowledge in application and systems monitoring tools and technologies.
- Expert-level experience with application continuous integration and continues delivery technologies.
- Excellent leadership presence - In facilitative leadership of the team, leading meetings, presenting, and influencing across organizations.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Program Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer (Test Automation) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Reddit, San Francisco
APQP/QMS & FW Validation.
Velodyne, San Jose
Lab Engineer - Dynamometer
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto