Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Manager/Director, Product Copywriting – SEI PlayStation | San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & media on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and hone your craft? Do you want to own the content style, tone and voice from strategy to concept and through the product implementation? Then join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platforms!
As a Product Copywriter/Content Strategist at PlayStation, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and media content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of copywriters, designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and business partners to define strategies, ideate, communicate and create experiences that both delight users and support our growing business.
As part of the larger SONY design community you will join a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of craft, strategy and process. Collaborate with various disciplines both locally and globally to elevate the standard of experiences across the organization while being exposed to cutting edge concepts and technology.
We’re looking for a candidate with the passion, dedication and skills necessary to help us deliver best-in-class products and experiences to a diverse customer base.
If this sounds like you, and the people you want to work with, we would love to hear from you!
As a Product Copywriter/Content Strategist, you will:
- Partner with various disciplines to craft, refine and communicate the UX content strategy and vision across the global organization
- Drive definition and focus on brand voice & tone as it impacts product/services across portfolio
- Lead a team of copywriters across an array of projects simultaneously.
- Effectively communicate and evangelize “story-driven” / contextually relevant experiences
- Help define and drive the overall copy process throughout the organization
- Help define and drive guidelines and standards
As a Copywriter/Content Strategist, you have:
- A passion for language and creating elegant user experiences
- A driven, creative, efficient and openly collaborative, product-oriented mindset.
- Are comfortable throughout the entire lifecycle of content creation
- Ability to guide and mentor a diverse set of copywriters through delivering multi-channel content strategy for a global audience in an agile environment.
- Passionate for developing sound strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time on the right platform.
- Seasoned experiences for collaborating with partners to explore, craft and refine the creation of guidelines for tone, voice, style, process, delivery, and governance services within an established brand.
- A solid grasp of communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts succinctly and persuasively across audiences and levels within an organization.
- A deep familiarity and proficiency with localization strategies, processes and tools to guide internationalization efforts.
- A passion for how storytelling and content affect the overall user experience of a product and services-particular focusing on how copy and design support each other in this role.
- Experience working both at creative agencies and in-house for established brands
- Deep experiences and portfolio reflecting work done on various platforms (e.g. 10ft, web, mobile)
- Solid understanding of user- centered design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Experience creating content strategies for a global audience across multiple languages.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- A strong familiarity with localization strategies, processes and tools.
- Able to speak Japanese.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
BounceX, New York
Senior Digital Graphic Designer, Paid Advertisements
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Senior UX Design Operations Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Sr. Communication Designer
Codecademy, New York
Senior Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
UX Lead, Marketing Operations