Director of Product Management - Customer Engagement Platform
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
A gaming brand
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Director of Product Management, Customer Engagement Platform
San Francisco, CA
Are you a customer-focused Product Management leader who wants to (re)define the way in which PlayStation gamers engage with our products and services across devices and channels? If so, then this newly created role is for you!
At PlayStation, our vision is to bring players constant sources of value and entertainment that are personalized and easy to discover. In pursuit of that vision, you will build and lead a team of Product Managers who will drive the definition, development, and implementation of our new Engagement Platform. Your team will be responsible for delivering a platform that encompasses customer identity and segmentation, real-time decisioning for personalization and recommendations, as well as customer journey and lifecycle management.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Management leader who can bring subject-matter expertise, thought leadership, and industry experience to the company. You will demonstrably be a strategic thinker, collaborator, and leader who is highly analytical and results-oriented. You will be a highly-motivated self-starter with demonstrable and extensive experience of understanding customers’ needs, the competitive landscape, and how to deliver amazing customer experiences. You must be an excellent communicator who can build strong cross-functional relationships and you must excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, PMO, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Responsible for the planning, development, delivery, and life-cycle management of PlayStation’s Customer Engagement Platform, collaborating with all vertical business units and channel owners
- Develop and champion the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for all key moments in the customer experience that drive engagement and monetization opportunities.
- Collaborate with PMO and Engineering to execute the roadmap through discovery, design, development, testing, and launch. Own all product outcomes including on-time release and usability.
- Partner with RHQ operations, legal, accounting, finance, sales and marketing to design the business processes required to operationalize the platforms and features you design
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for engagement and monetization in all digital entertainment categories (Games, Movies, TV).
- Know the numbers: be passionate about day to day health of the platform, ensuring new products and features drive engagement and monetization KPIs
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing, launching, and supporting product releases.
- Balance and manage technical, feature, cost, and schedule trade-offs.
- Attract, develop, and lead top talent and grow a best in class Product Management team.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 7+ years of demonstrable experience in a product management or related role
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrable experience in e-commerce / digital retail
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable presenting to senior executives
- Must have demonstrable experience of generating actionable customer insight from research, product analytics, and BI.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills (consulting experience ideal)
- Must have demonstrable experience of having launched major products and features across different devices and platforms.
- Ability to travel for key stakeholder meetings in the US, UK, and Japan
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, clients, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of agile software development process
- Experience managing consumer-facing products or services desired
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spend in contacting us. Thank you for your interest in PlayStation Network.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Program Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Delivery Lead (m/f)
Product Manager - Programmatic
Reddit, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Originals Creative Producer
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Product Strategy Associate
Codecademy, New York