Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This is a Technical Engineering Manager position that leads and executes the technology transformation of the Data Warehouse Platform. This Platform supports the dramatic growth of the global, fast growing, Sony Interactive Entertainment customer base, world class Playstation consoles, hand-held devices, Playstation TV, and Network Entertainment services such as Playstation Now and Playstation Vue.
The individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Leading, coaching, mentoring, and inspires team of software, quality, and operations engineers to deliver highly available, globally distributed data warehouse solutions.
- Effectively manage delivery of the next generation of data warehouse technology providing best-in-class scaling, availability, and operational support to deliver a WOW experience for our customers.
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated team, with the capabilities to deliver awesome business results.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the data platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Leverage technical expertise and industry trends to influence business and product strategy and development best practices.
- Fosters, builds, and measures agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices including KPIs to ensure optimal ROI.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience required managing or leading the delivery of enterprise data warehouse solutions.
- 5+ years in managing a highly technical engineering team.
- Extensive experience with Hadoop and data virtualization technologies.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud hosting and data managed services on cloud.
- Solid experience with data integration, strong data modeling and data analysis.
- Extensive experience with data warehousing systems for large enterprises, preferably with near real time transactional data, using demonstrably standard data warehousing design techniques.
- Extensive experience in ETL, business intelligence and data governance.
- Exceptional technical experience and knowledge of web services technologies, integration technologies, data transformations and data analytics, managing and optimizing complex technology transformation.
- Extensive recent experience with data technologies, relational and non-relation data store solutions including Oracle, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience in leading teams researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit and operations and cost efficiencies of implementing such technologies is a must.
- Demonstrable experience in software architecture/design processes, unit testing, and test driven development.
- Excellent leadership presence - In facilitative leadership of the team, leading meetings, presenting, and influencing across organizations.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Tile, San Mateo,CA,US
Software QA Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Linux Systems Administrator (contract position)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Test Engineering Manager
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Database Infrastructure Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada, Remote - Europe, Remote - Australia