Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
IT DevOps - Cloud Admin - Contractor (W2 only. No corp-corp or 1099 please)
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is searching for a highly competent and experienced candidate who has exceptional skills in assisting migration efforts from on-prem to cloud platform (preferably AWS) in tandem with running various B2E and B2B corporate IT services from the cloud. The right candidate will be to work heavily within AWS performing such tasks as spinning up instances, automating deployments and the overall support of an on-prem and AWS environment; as well as, have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Work with IT DevOps team to migrate specific services and applications from on-prem to AWS
- Manage AWS configuration for corporate IT
- Work closely with development and engineering staff to provide immediate support and issue resolution with a DevOps mindset
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Scripting to ensure IT processes and environment builds are automated
- Maintain optimization of environments including upgrades, performance monitoring and system audit tasks
- Create and maintain documentation of environment design, configuration and workflow
- Support dev / engineering tools alongside other IT DevOps and Cloud Engineering staff
- Centrally manage Linux servers (i.e. Puppet)
- Provide accurate timelines for specific tasks assigned
- Provide end-user support as required
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in on call rotation and respond to emergencies 7/24/365
- Travel as needed for projects or support (5-10%)
- 4+ years’ experience in IT Systems Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience working with AWS required
- Experience with engineering application support and system architecture such as Perforce, GitHub Enterprise, Docker, Jenkins, Rancher, Rally, JIRA, Confluence, and other CI/CD tools
- Develop automation and/or scripting experience for Continuous Delivery
- Monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Cloudwatch, Splunk, etc) experience
- Linux/Unix experience
- Puppet or other CM tools experience
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments
- Ability to work independently and manage workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience migrating multiple services fully from on-prem to AWS
- Experience migrating services from on-prem to hybrid (AWS)
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images DB Technology experience (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Scrum / agile experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory (AD), LAN/WAN topology, IT processes and procedures, security, and systems implementations required
- Scripting in Windows PowerShell experience preferred
- VMware vCenter experience preferred
- NetApp management experience
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, YAML, SQL, HTML, XML
- S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical certifications preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Full-Stack
BounceX, New York
Backend Software Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF or Remote
Software Development Engineer in Test Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Visibility
Pinterest, San Francisco