Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
The IT Helpdesk Support position is responsible for maintaining desktops (PC, Mac) environments. This person will be responsible for equipment installation, PC repair, office moves, responding to emails and phone support. This person must thrive in a fast-pace, dynamic environment and be passionate about cutting edge technology.
- Install, and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on new and existing PC, Mac, laptop, and printers.
- Arrange, deploy, and move desktop setups in order to accommodate new hire’s and user relocation.
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Respond to end user requests via phone, email, trouble ticket and walk-ins; quickly identify, research and resolve issues.
- Responsible for daily support of the IT Lab, including cleanup, organization and consumables.
- Manage desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security updates.
- Utilize desktop deployment utilities such as Windows Deployment Server.
- Create documentation for standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
- Will gradually learn and assist with server maintenance and infrastructure support.
- Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, physical office moves, and duty pager.
- Travel when needed to support remote offices (less that 5% of time).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software.
- Strong client OS background including Windows 7 and Windows 8. Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required.
- One or two years of post-high school education or training.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years IT helpdesk experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hadoop Infrastructure Engineer
Foursquare, New York, San Francisco
Director of Technical Training
Confluent, United States
Windows Infrastructure Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Sales Operations Intern
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Firmware Engineer
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL