Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Lead QA Tester (Bilingual - English/Japanese)
San Diego, CA
Are you a gamer with an eye for quality and the need to lead?! Then join the Worldwide Studios Quality Assurance team here at PlayStation! The Worldwide Studios Quality Assurance department provides quality assurance testing and support for games and/or projects produced by Worldwide Studios and PlayStation.
The Lead is responsible for managing the global testing of WWS products. The position will manage the global testing strategy for the title as well as the assigned resources. The position is the single QA point of contact for the product globally. The general purpose of this job is to ensure that a consistent global test strategy for the product is implemented and clearly manage communication of issues and risk to the appropriate stakeholders on a global scale. This role will drive efficiency through consistent test strategy, test management, and reporting while at the same time providing our customers with a consistent service globally.
- Primary ownership and communication of all Master Test Plans for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication of the global project budgeting for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication to producers and global stakeholders, ensuring that all outbound communication meets a clear standard
- Performing consistent daily observation, research, review, and reporting of operations process adherence for all current assigned projects
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance and control services revolving around current and potential WWS QA operations service offerings
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within WWS QA
- Participation in yearly performance review process, helping to gather feedback and sharing it with their direct manager to support performance management on a global level
- Gathering feedback and data to create and facilitate a global facing project post mortem
- Fluent in Japanese
- At least 2 years in QA Operations
- Expertise in cross cultural business and remote team interaction and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional critical analysis skills
- Passion for video games
- PC testing experience
- Mobile testing experience (Android, iOS, Amazon)
- Successful completion and certification of ISQTB® Advanced Level CTAL
- Successful completion and certification in SQE Agile Testing
- BA in Business Administration, Project Management, BS Cognitive Science, Communications or related field
- Expertise in change management and conflict resolution
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
ambassadeur aux ventes saisonnier - Galeries d'Anjou
Lush Cosmetics, Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Advisor - Sales (Part-Time), Central West End
Warby Parker, St. Louis, MO
Spécialiste assistance client — Espagne H/F
Seasonal Sales Ambassador - North Star Mall
Lush Cosmetics, San Antonio, Texas, United States
Assistant Manager - Mall at Green Hills
Lush Cosmetics, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Vendedora - Rio de Janeiro
AMARO, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil