Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for QA Lead to assist in the development testing of our internal projects on the PS4 platform.
The QA Test Lead is responsible for the direct operational test coverage administration of their assigned projects. The position will oversee title test planning, organization, coverage, execution, staffing and communication. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable and mature demeanor in supporting the development team.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom, autonomy and growth opportunities.
- Develop, implement and assign master test plans and incorporate them into the software testing process.
- Primary ownership, administration and communication of all QA related project data and associated risks for all assigned projects.
- Primary ownerships in operational training, development, performance management and delegation to assigned Senior Test Analysts and Testers.
- Perform validation and exploratory development test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform technical analysis of underlying code and data to identify and resolve core causes of technical issues.
- Perform direct technical support of build pipeline and advanced tools to the development team.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform build deployment, scheduling and reporting.
- Collaborate work across disciplines within the development team to help drive project to completion.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Oversee management of project databases for assigned titles.
- Oversee tasking and execution of all operational testing for assigned projects.
- Collaborate work across disciplines to help drive project to completion.
- Direct and assist in QA administrative and support requests.
- Support diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and to perform technical support as needed.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years in Senior Tester Analyst or equivalent position.
- Successfully shipped at least 2 global titles on PlayStation platforms as a QA Lead or equivalent position with demonstrated knowledge of each platform.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
- Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
- Experience in advanced level testing techniques.
- Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems.
- Expertise in QA/QC analytics
- Expertise in remote team management
- BS Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, BA in Project Management, Business Intelligence, or QA related field prefered
- Successful completion, certification and application of ISQTB® Intermediate & Advanced Level CTAL preferred
- Passion for video games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.