Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for QA Test Analysts to assist in the development testing our internal projects on the PS4 platform.
The QA Test Analyst is responsible for performing functional testing to identify, analyze, report and assist in resolving issues impacting their assigned projects. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated, experienced resource that is completely focused on executing a broad range of operational test services to support our internal development team. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom, autonomy and growth opportunities.
- Perform validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for internal development team.
- Assist in collaborating work across disciplines within the development team to help drive project to completion.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
- Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
- Experience in foundation level testing techniques preferred.
- Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in Tester Analyst or equivalent position preferred.
- Passion for video games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scrum Master (f/m)
Holidaycheck, Bottighofen (Switzerland) or Munich
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Twilio, San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
Junior Software Developer (m/w)
Senior Server Software Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer