Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior AI Gameplay Programmer
We are God of War! Join us!
AI behaviors, decision logic, core AI systems, tools to bring our AI characters to life – that’s the job. You will collaborate directly with the designers, animators, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of the gameplay. The result will be a truly engaging player experience.
And you will make sure the tool set is on the upswing, always improving – iteration, reuse, behaviors, and debugging AI logic. This means keeping an open dialog with the team and the leads, inviting feedback, and identifying areas requiring improvement.
Sound like you? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Design, implement, and maintain core AI systems (perception, positioning, pathfinding, etc.) and tools to create AI behaviors and gameplay (navigation, combat, animation etc.)
- Implement tools as needed for specific project requirements
- Support and collaborate with designers and animators
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Expertise in C++ and console game development
- Strong understanding of AI architectures, algorithms, and pathfinding techniques
- Minimum five years professional programming experience
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Specialist in other game programming areas (animation, tools, networking, audio, etc.)
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
NGINX, Moscow, Russia
Platform Support Engineer
LeagueApps, Arlington, VA
Elixir/Full Stack Developer (experience required)
InfluxData, San Francisco
Senior Global Commodity Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Fixed Income Analytics
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, Hollywood