Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into games – you love playing them and love building them. And you’re a coder, but if they asked you to come up with some ideas for a feature or for a title, yeah, you could do that – which means you get along great with game designers, the people who use your tools and systems to make the product a blast.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay (animation, locomotion, navigation, combat, etc.)
- Support and assist designers, artists, and other programmers as needed
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Support tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional programming experience
- Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Expertise in C and C++
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Specialist in other game programming areas (audio, effects, networking, etc.)
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer, Core
Pinterest, San Francisco
Software Developer - Recommendations
Scribd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Software Engineer - Infrastructure Tooling
Segment, San Francisco
Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Clarifai, New York, New York
Big Data Engineer - Security Engineering
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Product Manager, Micro-service
Pivotal Software, Beijing