PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Engine Programmer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations – definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems – of course: whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them often.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Design and implement systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs (such as streaming, world editing and rendering, shaders, lighting, particles, effects, and so on)
- Support and assist designers and artists in their use of these systems and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Work on runtime engine tasks in support of specific project requirements as needed
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional programming experience
- Expert in modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Expertise in C and C++
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Element Analytics, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Elementum, Elementum HQ
Senior Software Engineer - B2B Restaurants
TripAdvisor, Ottawa, ON
Manual Test Engineer
Scalable Press, Guadalajara, Mexico
Manager of System Reliability