Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a talented Senior Manager, HR Business Partner that naturally translates business objectives into organizational and talent strategies. Working with Senior Executives, managers and employees in the areas of Product Management and Business Management & Content – this role will focus on complex organizational development opportunities and building leadership capability at all levels.
Are you solution oriented, consultative and business savvy? Someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to ensure creative ideas come to fruition?
Reporting to the Senior HR Director HRBP, you will be based in San Mateo and work alongside other HRBPs in San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. Join this highly collaborative HR team whose mission is to create a highly engaged work culture.
- Partners and provides expert coaching and consulting advice to executive leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Designs and applies change management and Organizational Development strategies that influences organizational change in support of business strategies
- Facilitate leadership sessions/workshops with the business units intending to solve for potential challenges or bring awareness to opportunities.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Driving rollout plans with client groups for corporate-wide HR initiatives.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support business needs through; learning and development, compensation and employee engagement
- Improve manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Resolving complex employee relations issues through coaching employees and managers, partnering with ER and legal.
- Assist in driving analytics, project planning and organization in the following areas: organizational change management, workforce planning, organizational planning and talent planning.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- 12+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech, entertainment or creative environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and quickly resolve problems
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives, multi-task on assignments
- Must be able to work at levels- strategic, operational, and tactical
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; PHR a plus
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Entertainment Industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Council Facilitator (Part-Time)
Snap Inc., Sydney, AU
Patreon, San Francisco
Senior Technical Recruiter
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Big Data Instructor
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Luxury Retreats - Home Consultant Trainer, Montreal (Contract)
Associate People Business Partner
Lyft, San Francisco, CA