Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Privacy & Data Counsel
San Mateo, CA
At Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“SIE”) we create the best in interactive gaming and entertainment experiences:
- Original content, from games such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Farpoint, and the Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone, God of War, MLB: The Show, Infamous, and Little Big Planet series, to TV and films, such as Powers and Ratchet and Clank: The Movie™
- PlayStation™Vue, our OTT TV service, streaming live TV, movies, and sports on a variety of devices without a cable or satellite TV subscription
- PlayStation®4 - The Best Place to Play™
- The PlayStation®Network, linking your interactive gaming and entertainment experiences to your friends and the gaming community.
If you would love to work at the forefront of interactive gaming, entertainment and technology, you might be a great fit as Senior Privacy & Data Counsel with SIE, if also by some fortuitous quirk:
- You are intellectually fascinated by the legal and policy issues emerging from information science and technological developments
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty (and hopefully enjoy) figuring out how data is a part of everything these days
- You consider implementation as important as ideation, and measure your own success by how well your work product effectively mitigates risk
- Legal Subject Matter: Privacy and Information Security law. (Records Retention, Data Deletion or Destruction, Wiretapping/Monitoring, or Data Transfer law would also be useful).
- Legal Geographic: Experience with US law is a requirement. Experience with Central and South American data law is a significant plus. Any non-US data law experience is also a plus.
- Other: Knowledge of social privacy issues (friends, family, identity), the characteristics of data/information and its lifecycle; and, data governance.
We are particularly interested in those that have experience with applying the above knowledge to product, feature, or function reviews, and expect this role will focus on PlayStation®Network privacy (incl. its social network, music, movie, game streaming, and other elements). Regardless of the subject area, though, your work will likely include:
- Review business activities that collect, use, disclose, or dispose of data for compliance with law, policy, and best practices. This will involve reviewing data processing in:
- New products and their features or functions
- Corporate functions (e.g. HR, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Vendor and third-party relationships
- Draft consumer notices, intra-company agreements and contract terms, and negotiate data-related contract provisions.
- Develop standardized policies, tools and processes, and implement them (in conjunction with InfoSec, DataGov, etc.) into operations to mitigate data processing legal risks and reduce the volume of one-off reviews
- Develop and maintain expertise in data la
- Develop training materials.
- At least 7 years of Privacy experience
- Strong analytical ability and excellent judgement
- Practical, self-motivated and resilient
- Able to build relationships and consensus amongst cross-functional and cross-level groups, and bring initiatives to conclusion
- Membership in state bar required
- At least 10 years of Privacy experience
- Non-English language skills, particularly Spanish, Japanese, and Portuguese desirable
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Counsel, Corporate
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Financial Analyst
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Accounts Payable Analyst
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Accounts Payable Specialist
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager, Accounting
HelloFresh, New York, NY