Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for Senior QA Test Analysts to assist in the development testing of our internal projects on the PS4 platform.
The Senior QA Test Analyst is responsible for supporting their Lead in the management of the daily operational and administrative needs of their assigned projects. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated resource to assist the project QA Lead, equally distributing their time between serving as an understudy for project QA Lead redundancy and operating as the most experienced, cognitive focused and productive testers on the project. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom, autonomy and growth opportunities.
- Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for internal development team.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting.
- Assist in the management of project databases for assigned titles.
- Assist in the tasking and execution of all operational testing for assigned projects.
- Assist in the execution of project operational reporting and day to day communication.
- Assist in developing test plans and incorporate them into the software testing process.
- Assist in QA administrative and support requests.
- Assist in collaborating work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive project to completion.
- Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
- Provide operational QA Lead role redundancy for assigned project(s) as needed.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of QA industry trends and techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years in Tester Analyst or equivalent position and successfully shipped at least 2 global, large scale titles on current generation PlayStation platform(s).
- Excellent gameplay skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
- Experience in quality assurance/control testing.
- Experience in foundation level testing techniques.
- Experience with DevSuite & JIRA database systems.
- Proficiency in test case design and traditional QA/QC methods.
- Successful completion, certification and application of ISQTB® Foundation Level CTAL or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency with Maya software and toolsets preferred.
- Proficiency with automation and advanced testing methods preferred.
- BS Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, BA in Project Management, Business Intelligence, or QA related field preferred.
- Passion for video games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Product Systems
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Sr. Software Engineer (C#.net, C++, TCP/IP)
thredUP, Mechanicsburg, PA
ThoughtWorks, North America
Senior Consultant, West Region
MuleSoft, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland, Remote
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk