PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Graphics Rendering Programmer (PSVR)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
This position requires an ambitious, self-motivated programmer who specializes in graphics rendering to contribute to the customization and optimization of Unreal 4 Engine, among other tasks. Our goal, craft the most unique player experiences available. This engineer will contribute to the early influence of multiple cutting edge PlayStation projects.
The graphics rendering programmer builds and supports engine and graphics systems for real-time rendering in Virtual Reality, solves complex rendering problems, researches and develops innovative graphics techniques, shaders, algorithms, and tools. This programmer will maintain an open dialog with team members, inviting feedback, and identifying areas of invention and improvement.
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Implement and improve modern game engine graphics pipelines
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Test and document code produced
- Maintain a creative and collaborative working relationship with other team members across various disciplines
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Expertise in C++
- Exposure to game industry development
- Graphics/rendering programming
- Shaders, materials, lighting, rendering pipelines, procedural modeling and generation, 2D image processing, VFX and particle systems, and other graphics techniques
- Proficient in 3D math skill
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite or similar
- PlayStation 4
- VR rendering
- Procedural animation techniques
- Enthusiasm for storytelling
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior .NET Developer
Backend Software Engineer
SigFig, Calgary, Canada
Data Scientist - Safety Risk management
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Program Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Professional Services Architect
Tradeshift, Paris, France
Staff Cloud Engineer, Platform Infrastructure
Box, Redwood City, CA