Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
San Diego, CA
The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in many technical areas critical to our company’s success. They will work with a team of engineers to develop and maintain a production pipeline, facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. They will be involved in pushing the envelope of new technologies that make production life easier and more scalable. This person will write software and communicate with production teams when the need arises. The ideal candidate will play an integral role in shaping our game production processes. As a senior level engineer, the employee will also mentor junior team members. Lastly, he/she will maintain strong knowledge of innovative and technological advances in digital content creation that relate to the group’s needs, and when applicable adopt and integrate them into production pipeline.
- Work in a software development team to design and implement in-house tools and infrastructure in Python and C++11
- To create and maintain key systems and technologies for game production
- To build and guide the direction of next generation facial animation systems
- To work with artists and riggers to come up with elegant, user friendly solutions
- Identify possible issues and provide practical alternatives/solutions
- Write clear and maintainable code which conform to group standards with proper documentation
- Work with our team of highly skilled engineers in a collaborative environment
- Have a strong Maya background in games or film
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent program or relevant work experience
- At least 5 years relevant game/film industry experience
- CG cinematic production experience with detailed understanding of production workflows
- Five years of advanced programming knowledge in multiple languages, mainly C++ and Python
- Excellent knowledge of debugging in Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic
- Have a service-oriented attitude and knack for developing efficient and elegant solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a passion for technology
- Have production experience on and for all major OS platforms (Linux, Windows, OS X) and understanding of computer hardware architectures and their differences
- Knowledge of facility infrastructure methodologies, RPC, serialization, databases, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, Virtual Machines
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Information Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Software Engineer, New Grad 2018 (Seattle)
Airbnb, Seattle, Washington
Software Engineer - Robotics
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Principal Software Engineer – Data Architecture, Engineering & Operations
Time Inc., New York, NY