Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer - Docker/Kubernetes/CoreOS
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
Do you feel right at home in Amazon Web Services? Anxious to take the helm of Kubernetes and Docker?
PlayStation is growing rapidly and need your help to build next generation cloud infrastructure and build kick-ass tools for our team! In this position, you will be part of top notch engineering team focused on delivering container orchestration solution (Kubernetes) to the organization.
- Work with a team of talented engineers to help deliver container orchestration solution.
- Build great tools around automation of infrastructure; efficiently work in collaboration with cross functional team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science with minimum of 5 years of work experience with a minimum of 2+ years of DevOps.
- Knowledge of Linux, Scripting, automation, Cloud, monitoring technologies; previous exposure to Docker, CoreOS, Rocket, or another container platform.
- Proven knowledge of network protocols, databases, and security.
- Solid experience in deploying and managing resources on AWS.
- Able to efficiently tinker and find working solutions around scripting languages, and love to automate everything.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment.
- Bonus points for performance engineering and best practices around developing micro services (stuff like 12factor, understanding abstractions between infrastructure and application levels)
- Keen interest in lean working, DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Any experience with container orchestration technology is a plus.
- Previous experience working on large scale distributed systems is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Core iOS
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Perception (All levels)
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Sr. Oracle Applications Developer
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Front End Developer - Internal Tools
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer in Test
Zuora, San Mateo, CA