Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a member of the Test Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the architecture, design and development of reliable and flexible automated test systems.
- Contribute to architecture and design of automated testing frameworks.
- Provide technical leadership for best practices and technical excellence.
- Design and development of integration test strategies.
- Work with development teams, Test Engineering managers, and project managers to define project requirements and deliver them within schedule constraints.
- Work with developers, operations, and core software engineers to develop integration and load tests for various software components.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant programming experience.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role.
- Previous architecture and design experience of automated testing frameworks or tools.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of Python.
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of and automated testing.
- Strong knowledge of Bash.
- Knowledge of build tools and systems.
- Knowledge of networked and distributed systems.
- Familiar with Agile development environment.
- Extensive Linux experience.
- Version control systems (preferably Git).
- Gamer is a plus.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer: Web & Mobile
Oscar, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Data Storage
Fitbit, US - Boston, US - San Francisco
Embedded Software Engineer
Casper, San Francisco
Ms-SQL Server DBA II
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA