Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer - PlayStation Social
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Senior Software Engineer will design and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and scalable API designs. This team is responsible for multiple internal and external features, such as PlayStation Communities, which allows users to connect based on common interests.
To learn more about how our engineers came together to innovate and develop Communities on PlayStation, check out our Development Diary: Building Communities on PS4
What we are looking for:
- You will execute full life-cycle software development and write scalable, well documented, and maintainable code
- You will own features end-to-end including architecture, technology selection, operational feasibility, scalability, cost efficiency, testability, and monitoring capability
- You will work with limited supervision under tight time and resource constraints while responding to rapidly evolving requirement
What you need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of solid programming experience in Java (or other modern OOP languages) and developing high trafficked web services
- Strong NoSQL experience and knowledge. Production experience with Cassandra and Couchbase is a big plus
- Experience in building and deploying cloud based services, preferably in AWS
- Experience with Kafka and Spark is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Application Security Engineer
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Web
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Senior Engineering Manager (Search Infrastructure)
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Lumosity, San Francisco
Database Infrastructure Engineer - Elasticsearch
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada, Remote - Europe, Remote - Australia
Principal SW Engineer - Performance
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA