Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer - PS Store
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation Store, accessible via the PlayStation 4, mobile and web properties as well as other applications/devices. Many of these features will enhance PlayStation Network’s Commerce features and allow you to help shape the future of the world’s largest game and entertainment content distribution platform!
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible and consumer-facing features
- Design and develop efficient and highly scalable APIs for the entire Playstation Store portfolio
- Produce thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and changing requirements
- Help build a world class team committed to innovation in the e-commerce space
- Lead junior team members and have a strong sense of end to end ownership
- Adhere to key principle: code and design for best performance, scalability and resilience
- Tackle big data issues with cutting-edge open source technologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field; 6+ years of coding experience in Java or C/C++
- NoSQL experience, such as Cassandra, Redis, Couchbase, Lucene/Solr, Elastic
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Experience developing high scale, distributed applications
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Strong foundation in computer science with an emphasis in algorithms, data structures, software design and cloud design
- Ability to do technical deep dives into code, cloud networking, deployments and architecture, yet verbally and cognitively adept to be able to hold a discussion with various stakeholders
- 6+ years of developing e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Python, Scala or Go; experience working with Kafka; experience working with Spark or Hadoop
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Web Engineer & Lead | Sports Illustrated
Time Inc., New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Security Engineer, Detection & Response
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer - Machine Learning Ph.D Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA