Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica is looking for a Senior UX Designer to partner with the UI and Gameplay teams to design a range of User Interface and User Experience content and functionality.
In this role, you will interpret the needs of the game and its systems to understand what drives the information being presented to the player, and the desired player experience. You will collaborate with engineers, artists and designers to drive technical implementation and asset creation. You will take ownership of the player experience, and not just menus and on-screen overlays, but how we communicate information to the player in general.
- Design the UI and UX for the project.
- Support and supplement the creative vision of the Game Director, Art Director and Design Director, achieving clarity and visual quality within technical constraints.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a functioning, iterative UI pipeline, in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Create and/or integrate assets and test functionality of UI components.
- Define elegant and intuitive UI/UX structure and flow, utilizing grey-boxing, wire-framing and other prototyping techniques.
- Ensure information is conveyed to the player clearly, and in keeping with the visual style and context of the game as a whole. In addition to a front-end shell and pause menus, this might also include (but is not limited to) health/damage information, leading the player, indicating objectives, weapons, pickups, items, skills, upgrades and player progression systems.
- Own and communicate the high level vision and creative goals for the User Experience.
- Play and analyze many games, and understand a wide variety of approaches to UI and UX.
- 6+ years in game development, with at least 4 years in UI or UX design role.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about UI and UX design, and able to articulate this.
- Ability to generate and convey the vision for the user experience.
- Understand how to break down that vision into a roadmap for getting content into the game and up on the screen.
- Recent console title shipped in UI or UX Design role is preferred.
- Experience creatively leading a cross-functional team is preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Mobile UX Designer (Video & Music)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Splash, New York Office
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Lead UX Designer (PS Vue)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Originals UI
Netflix, Los Gatos, California