Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for designing and implementing innovative and effective web application user experiences that enhance the Company’s productivity and effectiveness. The ideal candidate should understand and demonstrate the principles of UX design, and have a proven track record of implementing these designs in current web application technologies.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into design research requirement
- Create concepts/prototypes to accompany functional specifications
- Create process flows, wireframes, design mockups
- Work with end users to understand business processes
- Interact with server engineers to pass on analysis and agree requirements
- Apply knowledge of current web UI development techniques to implementation of production U/I systems
- Stays ahead of current web application technology trends
- Professional level design skills
- Experience building complex web applications using AngularJS, including testing frameworks such as Protractor.
- Experience of source code control software such as SVN or Git
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe
- Ability to quickly debug problems in development and production environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively. Easily works with Java server engineers to agree APIs and data formats
- Insightful analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behavior and producing requirements from them
- Able to work without supervision
- Minimum 5 years of experience in rich web application UI development
- Demonstrable recent experience of AngularJS development (ideally 2+ years)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Informatics, or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Relational database
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Development Engineer - Test
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena
Director of DevOps
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Acquia, Remote - US [East Coast preferred]
Site Reliability Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Tech Manager, Detection Program
White Ops, New York City