Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Software Consultant- PS Games & Social (CONTRACT)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
We are seeking a very senior Software Consultant responsible for scaling up the productivity of our services development team by creating a best-of-breed tool chain that enables the developers to focus on high quality code. This is an opportunity to have a large impact by helping to architect a new generation platform focusing on, continuous integration / continuous development, developer productivity, and test automation. This is a short term contract position (3-6 months in duration), flexible work schedule (open to WFH 2-3 days a week), and strong compensation.
You will have the opportunity to work with very passionate engineers and cutting edge cloud technologies. When successful, this platform will enable the engineering teams to more quickly deliver amazing experiences to over 40 PS4 gamers worldwide, as well as millions of other connected players on PS3 and PS Vita.
This role will be part of the PlayStation Network Core Services team, responsible for building exciting new social and gaming related features for the recently released PlayStation®4 gaming console and PlayStation® Now Game Streaming service, as well as other devices and applications.
This project is to provide the architecture and initial working components, as well as a longer term road map for our next generation CI system. We do not want to reinvent the wheel, but rather modernize our developer-facing offering to provide an up-to-date solution to ensure the highest quality software with the best developer experience.
- Evaluate the current development, testing and CI practice
- Provide advice to the areas of improvement
- Design and build the prototype of new test frameworks
- Design and build the prototype of new CI solution
- 10+ years of experience in software development, testing, release, and deployment
- 8+ year of experience in designing, building and supporting Java application
- 3+ years scripting experience in more of the more of the following languages – Python, Bash, Ruby
- Strong understanding of micro-service design, development and testing best practice
- Strong understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices
- Experience with stress/load/performance testing
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews and documentation
- Familiar with tools in modern CI pipelines, such as SCM (eg GIthub), Automated Build / Release Management (eg Jenkins, Maven, Nexus), Issue / Project Tracking (Jira, Rally), and Container Orchestration / Deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc),
- Experience with large-scale service development / testing toolchain: eg AWS, Solr, Couchbase, Redis, Kafka, Tomcat, Apache, Cassandra, MySQL, TestNG, Httpclient and Spring
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
IT Change Manager/Controls Specialist
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Mobile Application Developer
BIS Analytics and Visualization Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Strava, San Francisco, CA - Strava HQ
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Data Infrastructure Engineer- Cassandra