Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Software Engineering Manager
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development Manager to handle day-to-day management duties of a Software Engineering team developing data pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating a highly productive engineering environment both through automation and the removal of barriers to your team’s productivity while also making sure your team is growing both in size and in their skillsets.
- Overall management and mentorship of a talented development team of both senior and junior level engineers.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Participate in technical communication within the team and to other groups associated with specified projects to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management Team to determine appropriate feature set for each product release.
- Experience with agile development practices emphasizing on continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle. Own the outcome.
- Solid leadership skills and a passion for building large scale consumer experiences.
- Comfort with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and hiring of talented Software Engineers.
- Overall 8+ years of software development experience with exposure to leading the team.
- Prior experience in open source technologies, such as Java, Hibernate, Spring, MySQL etc., is a strong plus.
- Prior experience in building systems in Amazon Web Services is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Major in computer science, math, or equivalent technical disciplines.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Data Integrations Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Staff Software Dev Eng in Test
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Application Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Solution Architect
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Engineering Manager, Pro Host Acquisition & Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California