Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Service Reliability Engineer (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Do you want to be part of an engineering team that focus on building solutions that maximizes use of emerging technologies to transform our business to achieve superior value and scalability? Do you want a career opportunity that combines your skills as an engineer and passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our SRE's focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments.
The succesfull candidate, will be self-directed and able to participate in the decision making process at various levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during various phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuing the operational readiness and stability of our service.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Java, Node.js, C++ or Ruby
- In addition, experience with one or more of the following:
- NoSQL at scale (eg Hadoop, Mongo clusters, and/or sharded Redis)
- Event Aggregation technologies. (eg. ElasticSearch)
- Monitoring & Alerting, and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Executive Project Manager (w/m)
Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, San Francisco
Grad to Gridder Bootcamp Associate - Software Engineering
SendGrid, Denver, Orange, Redwood City
Senior Software Engineer - Container Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Help Desk Manager
Senior Software Engineer, Ingestion
Brightcove, Boston, MA