Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Front End Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is looking for an experienced Sr. Front End Engineer to work on cutting-edge web-based multimedia applications. In this position you will be part of a small engineering team focused on delivering an innovative user experience for in-house tools supporting the PlayStation Network, that will play a key role in Sony's vision for an integrated entertainment experience.
- Take individual responsibility for the front end during the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on an aggressive schedule utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial software development
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Photoshop experience Cross-browser compatibility and Accessibility (Section 508)
- Experience with application integration
- Familiarity with cutting edge web technologies, especially HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, React, TypeScript, XSL
- Information Architecture / Wireframing / Interaction design
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Systems Engineer
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Software Engineer - iOS
Squarespace, New York, NY
Mobile Engineer, Product
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Software Engineer (Elixir)
Weedmaps, Denver, Colorado, United States