Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Manager of Technical Operations
SNEI is seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Operations to support the content onboarding teams as well as the 24/7 operations teams for the Playstation Vue TV service.
Work with technology partners and product groups to create operational workflow documentation and training guidelines for Tier 1 support organization
- Manage new Tier 2 support organization and continue to build team skills for end to end troubleshooting of the service
- Partner with content onboarding teams to find efficiencies in the current workflows
- Assist with integrations with various systems to streamline monitoring and ticketing tools
- Create regular training programs within the organization
- Work with product teams to define operational tool sets with an end to end understanding of both the technology stack and the end user product vision
- Meet with content partners to improve and streamline technology workflows with an eye towards improving the customer experience
- Work on long term capacity and technology planning projects
- 5 – 8 years of experience with linear, VOD and IPTV video platforms
- 3 – 5 years working with complex technology media projects
- Understanding of CDN delivery services and origin storage for live and VOD asset delivery
- Solid understanding of linear and VOD acquisition methods (satellite, fiber, compression, etc)
- Experience in running 24/7 operations teams
- Understanding of the business side of the OTT business
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Growth
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Dataminr, New York
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Product Manager, Core Products
Pinterest, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Stockholm, Sweden
Technical Product Manager, Systems Development
Warby Parker, New York, NY