Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Product Manager (Social Experiences)
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation’s Games Product Management team is charged with delivering great gaming experiences to players around the world. Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and great products, as well as being friendly, supportive and inclusive. As our mission to strengthen social experience on PlayStation platform, we are looking for people who can help us build great social products! We’re always striving to create a learning and supportive environment, where every team member is empowered to do their best work.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for leading the definition of product requirements and deliverables for our social products, to help deliver world-class, socially-engaging experiences, which delight customers and make PlayStation® the best place to play.
- Develop requirements for new social features, products and services for PlayStation, working with stakeholders and partners across the global business
- Work with design teams to create solutions that are compelling, easy to use and realistic to implement
- Work with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time
- Contribute to strategic direction for social products, services and features
- Articulate business and consumer rationale to the teams building the product
- Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business objectives
- Maintain and communicate the roadmap for your features and product
- Understand and communicate how your product is used in market, based on customer feedback, research and data, feeding back into future requirements and product roadmap
- Understand and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its social strategy in particular
- 5+ years’ experience in an engineering, design or product management capacity with proven experience building great social or gaming products
- Ability to absorb and make decisions based on many different types of information (quantitative and qualitative user/consumer/market research, technical and design trade-offs and schedule implications)
- Great communication skills – to articulate spec detail, strategic rationale and everything in between
- Attention to detail
- Excellent people skills, with empathy to listen, communicate and understand problems and opportunities from all angles
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Moat, New York
Product Designer - Hotels Marketplace Experiences
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Kickstarter, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Singapore, Singapore
Technical Product Manager, Systems Development
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Product Manager - App Platform
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA