Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr Program Manager (Contract-to-Hire Position)
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment seeks a driven, ambitious, and energetic Sr. Program Manager to lead various programs to enable, expand and improve the e-commerce platform for the Sony PlayStation Network. These programs will span multiple projects, teams, locations, milestones and deliverables. The Sr. Program Manager will work closely with Product Managers and Engineering to help plan and track projects from inception through deployment at a global scale.
We are passionate about Sony PlayStation and we live for our customers. The ideal candidate will possess an inner drive to deliver excellence; a proven ability to win others over and lead effectively; a desire to grow, learn, and improve; and will demonstrate a passion for life and work that inspires others.
As a Sr. Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large, highly visible programs for our Global Payments area. As a key partner to our Product Management and Engineering teams you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders and business owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
Our Global Payments Program Management team is responsible for all Payment Processing, Vouchers, Alternative Payment Methods and new payment methodologies for our global network platform. This role requires someone who is uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable and innovative solutions. The successful candidate will have exemplary program management skills; this is in terms of process and documentation but also in terms of communication skills and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, this person should too.
- Develop the overall program plan; definition and agreement on scope, track success criteria, key milestones, and timelines.
- Determine key dependencies; technical, process and people.
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the plan.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution on time.
- Facilitate meetings and coordinate/follow up on action items.
- Deliver transparent status updates to all stakeholders.
- Provide leadership by example; develop and share best practices across the team.
- Identify areas for process improvement and initiate improvements.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum Education/Experience thresholds
- 8 years project/program management with at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years of related experience with a Master’s degree
- 3 years of related experience with PhD
- Special dispensation for candidates with 3+ years of experience in the payments, streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
- 4 years of that dedicated to running large software programs; basic knowledge of ecommerce.
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Excellent executive presence and communication skills across all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization.
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Recognize and initiate escalation situations.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc…).
- Solid understanding of agile software development, and release processes.
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems effectively and independently.
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce environment
- SAFe knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com)
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certifications
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills helpful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Launch Operations Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Seasonal Field Assistant
Peloton, San Francisco Warehouse
Director of Construction
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Sr. Production Planning Analyst
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Luxury Retreats - Quality Assurance Auditor
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Growth & Business Operations Manager
Evernote, Redwood City