Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer (Front End - Analytics)
San Francisco, CA
PlayStation has an immediate opening for a world-class software engineer to join our User Experience Analytics team and help deliver the next generation of analytics infrastructure that will monitor metrics from millions of users around the world. We are fun, diverse group of people passionate about creating the best place to play. We are looking for people who are passionate about visualization of telemetry data, modern software tools/paradigms and are focused on continual improvement in the delivery of high quality web applications for PlayStation customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognizable brands and see your work impact millions. We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to great restaurants, museums and nightlife.
- Architect and develop core analytics infrastructure for SIE client applications running on PlayStation consoles, web browsers, mobile devices, streaming media players and future flagship Sony devices
- Enable SIE teams to gain greater insight into PlayStation user experience by measuring behavior, quality and performance in an efficient manner.
- Build tools and dashboards for SIE teams to visualize and investigate the data we collect
- As a part of client architecture and infrastructure team apply software architecture best practices through active development of common service libraries consumed by all web application clients within SIE
- Partner and support a variety of teams within SIE from application development scrum teams, to product and business teams to BI and analytics teams
- Define and evangelize best practices to capture, visualize and report analytics data
- Write documentation and guides for SIE teams to learn how to leverage the analytics stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 4+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- At least 4 years of Software Development experience
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases
- Experience with visualization frameworks such as D3
- Experience building shared libraries for web applications
- Experience measuring analytics in web applications
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- Experience using Python/R for data analysis
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technology Consultant
Braintribe, Vienna, Austria
Backend Software Engineering Manager
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
(Senior) System Identification Engineer
Director of Engineering
Amplitude, San Francisco
Mobile Project Manager
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
Senior QA Engineer
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States