Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
PlayStation cloud engineering group is looking for YOU to be part of machine learning initiatives at PlayStation. The ideal candidate loves to work with big data and apply machine learning algorithms to solve complex challenges!
- Work with a team of talented engineers to realize the vision of personalized recommendations/search across PlayStation experiences.
- Help design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems.
- Build delightful products and experiences for millions, while working alongside an excellent, cross-functional team across Engineering, Product and Design.
- Shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at PlayStation to power personalization and natural language processing.
- PhD/MS in Computer Science or related field with research in machine learning and/or deep learning; minimum of 7 years of work experience in building software solutions
- At least 2+ years of experience using machine learning systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as SparkML, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Theano is a plus
- Knowledge and exposure with any of the following open source tech: Presto, Hive Metastore, Apache Zeppelin, Apache Parquet is desired
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, recommendation systems, learning for search, speech processing, learning from semi-structured data, reinforcement or active learning, ML software systems, and machine learning
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Pocket Gems, Episode
Software Engineer, Special Projects
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Manufacturing Engineering Technician - Level C
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Node.js Software Engineer
Senior Platform Engineer
Class Pass, New York or San Francisco