Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Unreal Programmer (Contract)
This position is for a temporary engagement (approx. 6 months) through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Diego, CA
Architect and implement game engine code systems that are used for the creation and development of a virtual reality (VR) application. This will involve writing game code systems for the use of the art and/or design teams for handling the creative aspects of game-play development. Some tools development is occasionally required for handling data needed by the game engine.
- Is a key contributor to the development of technology, systems and tools that support project design needs. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, state based animations selection, motion systems, scripted mini-games, physics systems, collision systems, rendering, particle effects, entities systems, camera logic, sound support.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues to ensure issues within direct areas of responsibility are strategically managed.
- Collaborates with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified experience from a technical perspective.
- Provides input into the technical design and vision through all phases of the development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the games design.
- Maintains a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager and project team members.
- Manages requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintains skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong background and foundational knowledge of Unreal game engine
- Strong C/C++ experience
- Strong 3d Math Skills
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies
- A wide-range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, physics, camera, animation, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years industry experience or related experience
- Current and next-gen game console experience is desirable (e.g. PS3, PSP, X-box 360 etc.)
- At least 5 years industry or related experience.
- At least 1 published game title
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Distributed Systems (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Engineering Internships - Summer 2018
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Android
Dropbox, New York, NY
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Senior Software Engineer - Microservices
Schoology, Austin, TX