Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Lead Product Designer (PS Core)
San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & digital content distribution on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and improve your abilities? Do you want to own the experience form concept through implementation? Than join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform.
As a UX Designer for Playstation Social, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of Art Directors, designers, engineers, and business partners to ideate, communicate and define experiences that both delight users and generate tens of millions of dollars.
As part of the larger SONY design community you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization while being exposed to bleeding edge concepts and technology.
We aren’t looking for just anyone; we require a candidate with the passion, dedication and skills necessary to deliver world-class products and experiences.
If this sounds like you than we would love to hear from you.
- Driven, efficient, collaborative product mindset.
- Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a grasp of visual design principles and vibrant creativity with a strong consumer orientation
- Deep understanding of the latest design trends, processes and practices.
- Effectively communicate design thinking and output.
- Ability to take design risks because of your strong foundational training.
- 3+ years of experience as a Visual Designer in the digital design field, such as web, mobile, and product platform UI.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Design portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate quality and creative ideas.
- In-depth understanding and sophisticated skills of visual design graphic design, interaction design, motion design and brand identity.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Ability to work with product and business stakeholders to quickly ideate and communicate concepts.
- Ability to design from UX concept to implementation.
- Ability to distill complex needs and constraints then quickly turn around design ideas reflecting a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use and technically-feasible solutions.
- Strong capability to communicate the thinking and meaning of design solutions verbally and non-verbally.
- Ability to understand the existing style guide and brand guidelines and apply or modify correctly as needed.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
- Work closely with Engineering to capture and resolve bugs, including resolution of UX Design inconsistencies, incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- A demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and working knowledge of emerging software.
- Must be able to work at our San Francisco office.
- Prior experience designing for a 10-foot environment.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS.
- Knowledge of tools for 3D, motion and prototyping.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment.
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices.
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages.
- Familiarity with the agile software development process.
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Passion for movie, music, and video game services.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior UX Designer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Senior UX Researcher, Qualitative
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Environment Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Entry-Level Design Consultant (Commercial Sector)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Product Designer - Yelp Reservations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Director of UX Design, Devices
Fitbit, US - San Francisco