Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement is 3 months. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 12 months.
- Contribute to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio
- Maintain the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release
- Ensure character assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Maintain a good knowledge of the games design to facilitate communication and enable early identification of issues
- Undertake research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design needs, reference materials, artistic direction and technological considerations are effectively managed to meet defined goals
- Facilitates requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the character art creation process as requested
- Capable of resolving a range of complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members
- Actively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s)
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training and production experience (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Proficient in the use of Maya (or 3d modeling package) Photoshop, and Z-Brush/Mudbox
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, material setup, character skinning, surface sampling, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, character rigging and engine parameters/optimizations desirable
- Some previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable (e.g. PS2, PS3, X-box, X-box 360 etc.)
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years of industry experience or related experience
- 1 or more published titles considered a strength
- Bachelor's Degree in fine arts or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Motion/Visual Designer - Mindfulness
Lumosity, San Francisco
Principal UX Designer - Enterprise
MuleSoft, San Francisco
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior UX Researcher - Core Foundations
Sr Front End Engineer - Originals UI
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Product Designer - Interactive Content
Netflix, Los Gatos, California