Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Managing Producer, Game Design
Join the award-winning God of War development team! Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Managing Producer to partner with and support the internal Game Design team!
In this role you will attract, retain, and develop some of the top design talent in the industry. With the production and management teams, you’ll plan, organize and structure the work of the Design team as a whole, to ensure that project and studio needs are met. You’ll also play an important role in creating and maintaining a vibrant and innovative creative culture, and in helping guide the Design team on a path of continual growth and improvement.
- Attract and retain top tier design talent, to build an industry leading team.
- Provide career development and growth for designers. Personally provide mentoring and guidance on soft skills, and leverage sub-discipline experts within the team to build technical skills.
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practice and process.
- Establish responsibility and accountability within the team. Create, develop, and support new leaders.
- Plan for the best and most efficient deployment of design resources. Collaborate closely with leads and producers to ensure project needs are being met, along with the development needs of the team, also.
- Schedule and task the design team, primarily through the design producers working with each sub-group, but also directly in some cases as needed. Track progress, and follow up to ensure goals are being met.
- Support the creative vision of the Directors. Ensure that the design direction and priorities set by project leadership is reflected in the scheduling, resource allocation, execution plan, and conduct of the design team as a whole.
- Collaborate with the Management team, Production team, and other studio leaders to ensure a consistent, transparent and effective production process across disciplines.
- Contribute to studio planning around personnel issues, headcount planning, project strategy, budgets, studio culture and other needs as required.
- Represent the design function at studio level. Ensure that appropriate communication flows freely, such that the team feels heard, represented, and generally in the loop. Escalate and resolve design team needs, issues, and concerns in a responsive, effective, and visible manner.
- Act decisively to remove roadblocks and smooth out interdisciplinary issues.
- Maintain an inspiring creative culture, where experimentation, feedback and iteration are encouraged. Foster knowledge sharing and creative exercises.
- Represent the design team and the studio in the industry, including participation in events, conferences, and university outreach.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing with other WWS studios.
- 7+ years game industry experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- 5+ years production experience.
- At least one AAA full development cycle.
- Internal development team experience.
- Experience within the Design discipline preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Emerging Content
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Mobile
Reddit, San Francisco
Lead Service Designer (m/w)
Director of Design (Product)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, Core Services
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Product Help Content Writer
GitHub, Remote - Canada